If you have a positive and lively personality with a huge passion for history and communication, sign up tour guide jobs in Egypt!
As a tour guide, you would organize trips, plan routes, book tickets, and inform tourists of the history behind the places they are visiting. For this, you need exceptional organizational skills and strong passion for history. One of the most important aspects is a talent for communication and story-telling. Knowledge of multiple languages is a big plus!
The average salary for tour guide jobs in Egypt offers between 4,500 and 14,100 EGP/month, widely depending on your skills and experience.
- Minimum education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Degree/certification in hospitality is a big plus, sometimes required
- Prior experience as a tour guide or in a similar position is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, positive, lively, and engaging personality
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills with a talent for storytelling
- Knowledge of multiple foreign languages is a big advantage
- Passionate about traveling and meeting new people
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to stand, move, and offer high energy for the entirety of your shift
- Able to learn extensive historical material
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Welcome tourists and make them feel included
- Utilize excellent organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills to plan itinerary according to weather forecasts and length, inform tourists of these plans and any changes
- Schedule visits, book tickets and tables at restaurants or events
- Plan alternative routes in case of unexpected events (closed roads, weather forecast, closed attractions etc.,)
- Advice tourists on the appropriate clothes for the location, make them aware of potential dangers, or other specifications
- Offer historical background of locations, the general area in an attractive, engaging manner, answer questions, build friendly social relationship
- Gather and maintain equipment for each tour
- Keep track of the number of people on the bus, to make sure no one is left behind
Get connected today!