Over 1,000 English teacher jobs are available in Korea! You can work in any sector of education as an English teacher – even as an assistant! It depends on your qualifications. Summer schools and other alternatives for more personal teaching are also an option!
In public schools, the average salary for an English teacher in South Korea is between 1.5 to 3 million KRW/month (1,152.67- 2,305.40 USD), while in private/international schools, the salary sits between 1.9 to 2.4 million KRW/month (1,460.09 – 1,844.32 USD). So, the salary is determined by the location, type of school, and your skills.
Generally, the requirements for English teacher jobs in Korea are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- Citizenship from an English-speaking country or a Bachelor’s Degree in English
- Accredited English certificate
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and vocabulary
- Excellent ability to explain using different methods and in an organized manner
- Clean criminal record
- Similar work experience preferred
- Great organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to work with children with patience and understanding
- Presentable image and exciting personality
- Plan or respect curriculum accordingly
- Organize English lessons accordingly
- Interact with students and make sure everyone understands
- Give homework and tests according to the structure of your institution
- Maintain a high learning standard
- Accommodate to the processes and mentality of the chosen education
Create your VideoWorkers account, fill in your CV and upload a video showing your amazing English communication skills! If you don’t know how to make a video yet, check out our guide to boost your hiring prospects!
Start getting connected to English teacher jobs in Korea today!