There are over 10,000 openings for drywall installer jobs in Canada! In this role, you would set up drywall structures in construction sites, commercial buildings, or industrial facilities.
To qualify for this position in Canada, you must have at least 2 years of experience in this position and a completed 3-year apprenticeship program. Moreover, you need a clean criminal record as well as a clean drug test.
On average, drywall installer jobs in Canada offer around 26.50 CAD/hour (19.66 USD), depending on the work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- High school/vocational diploma
- Experience as a drywall installer
- Completed apprenticeship/ specialized certifications are a big bonus
- Driver’s license
- Extensive knowledge of the tools, methods, and materials used to complete the job
- Basic mathematical skills for measuring
- Good problem-solving skills
- Great customer service skills
- Physical fitness to lift materials
- Able to meet deadlines and to work flexible schedules
General responsibilities at drywall jobs in Canada:
- Consult with your client about the shape, length, and position or their desired drywall installation
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall panels onto the construction
- Prepare drywall panels for painting by cleaning them, taping or plastering joints
- Repair or conceal any irregularities exposed on the drywall surface to create a smooth surface
- Spackle panels with the trowel, fill joints, holes, and cracks, sand down rough areas
- Spray layers of stucco over exterior surfaces to make the installation waterproof
- Manage and maintain the equipment for the job
- Work responsibly under health and safety rules and regulations
Sign up on VideoWorkers and connect to great opportunities abroad! Apply in two simple steps: fill in the CV and upload a video of your skills as a line drywall worker! Show employers your skills and reliability. Before making your video, read our guide to help you get the best results!
Start connecting to drywall jobs in Canada today!