Skilled metal workers are in high demand in Australia! At sheet metal worker jobs Australia, you would fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products, employing your technical and basic mathematical skills.
For this position, you may take up a documents assessment that asks you to prove your qualifications and experience. If you hold a trade related qualification, you will provide evidence for 3 years of work experience. However, if you don’t hold such qualification you will provide evidence for 5 years of work experience. Moreover, you will have to prove you worked as a sheet metal worker for a 12 out of the last 36 months.
Salaries for sheet metal worker jobs in Australia range from 60,000-80,000 AUD/year (38,863-51,818 USD), depending on your skills, experience, as well as work location.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed apprenticeship
- Prior experience in this position
- Training program may be required
- Certification is preferred
- Excellent basic mathematical skills
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of building codes
- Good communication skills
- Follow and interpret blueprints to determine fabrication requirements
- Assemble and install sheet metal products
- Measure and mark dimensions, prepare materials
- Fasten joints and seams in metal sheets using solde, welds, caulk, bolts, clips, ensuring the bonds are strong
- Install assemblies, such as pipes, HVAC ducts, rain gutter, furnace casings, etc., in supportive networks
- Use power tools to ensure a good installation, strong bonds, and ensure safety
- Work responsibly in compliance with health and safety rules and regulations
- Ensure efficiency
Create your VideoWorkers account and connect to sheet metal worker jobs in Australia.
Firstly, complete the CV with your skills and experience. Then, read our step-by-step guide on how to make a good video to show employers. This way, you’ll see the content and duration that companies are looking for and boost your chances for being hired! But basically, in the video, you will talk about your skills, motivation, show and explain your projects, or even show yourself working.