Construction firms are in big demand for skilled workers to take up civil engineer jobs in Australia! The average salary for a civil engineer in Australia is 56.40 AUD/hour (=35.96 USD). The offer, however, depends on your education, experience, and work location.
As a civil engineer, you would be in charge to ensure the construction project is running smoothly. For instance, your main tasks would be to inspect equipment, monitor workers, and write reports to guarantee the implementation of high quality standards.
To apply for civil engineer jobs in Australia, you normally need a completed Higher Education degree in engineering, as well as excellent management and critical thinking skills. So, if you meet these specifications, sign up on VideoWorkers and get connected!
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering relevant to the industry
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Great communication skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent understanding of safety guidelines
- Basic computer literacy
- Service-oriented mindset
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Conduct site visits, monitor schedules, supervise technicians
- Run field operations, offer technical support and trouble-shooting procedures on site
- Review contract drawings, specifications, and ensure proper installation
- Ensure efficiency and safety on site at all times, coordinate work sequence
- Approve project designs, prepare contacts, estimate costs
- Analyze data, monitor costs, and write progress reports
- Submit reports to superiors or other individuals
- Oversee equipment testing, maintenance, installation, and planning
- Be aware and prevent any risks, including environmental impact
- Direct on-staff personnel
- Meet with clients and stakeholders
- Keep track of shipment status
How to apply for civil engineer jobs in Australia:
Firstly, sign into your VideoWorkers account. Then, set your preferences for the job and the country.
Afterwards, fill in the CV page with your education, experience, and skills.
Then, consult our tutorial and create a video of your skills. Through this, you will directly show employers your great talents and motivation as a civil engineer.
So why wait? Start today!