Do you get a sense of satisfaction when people eat your delicious food? Have you been dreaming about a career abroad as a chef? Good news: chefs are on Australia’s list of most in-demand job positions! So, if you’ve got the experience and skills, keep reading and connect to chef jobs in Australia!
For this position, you need strong passion and skills to create a great culinary experience. That means the desire to keep improving your dishes, and knowledge of diverse cooking techniques, ingredients and flavors, and – not least – creativity. Organization and time management skills are also very important for a chef position.
The average salary for chef jobs in Australia is 33.46 AUD (=21.51 USD). Of course, the offer depends on your experience and skills, but also on the standards of the location!
- Culinary certification or experience to equivalate
- Specialization in a type of cuisine is a big advantage
- Ability to execute dishes at high standards
- Excellent knowledge of cooking methods and techniques
- Excellent organizational as well as time management skills
- Excellent communication and ability to work and coordinate in a team
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good physical condition to stand and be active for the entire shift
- Excellent sense of responsibility especially in regards to sanitation standards
General responsibilities for chef jobs in Australia:
- Can cook the menu at high standards and works efficiently under pressure
- Prioritize organization and sanitation
- Prep the kitchen before starting the shift
- Check ingredients and communicate to waiters of any missing ingredients to inform customers
- Communicates with the team constantly and prioritizes tasks
- Ensure the proper preparation of the dish according to the client’s specifications when applicable (in regards to adding or removing some ingredients)
- Work according health and sanitation standards
VideoWorkers makes the application for chef jobs abroad really easy: you simply show your skills in a short video! This way, you can comfortably prove your knowledge, techniques and presentation skills. You can consult our step-by-step guide that teaches you how to make a good video for employers!
Just create your account, set it to the preferred job title(s) and location(s), complete the CV page, and upload your video!
Start connecting to chef jobs in Australia!