Thousands of bartender jobs are available in Canada! If you have great customer service skills and you enjoy preparing delicious and exciting-looking drinks, then sign up to be a bartender in Canada!
It is a great bonus if you completed a bartending training course. But don’t worry, most workplaces are willing to provide training.
Depending on the work location, skills and experience, bartender jobs in Canada offer around 16.60 CAD/hour (=12.42 USD) on average.
- High school/vocational diploma preferred
- Training/certificate may be required or experience that can compensate
- Willingness to go through training if such experience is lacking
- Attention to details and appearance
- Knowledge of beverage mixes, techniques and tools
- Ability to work a flexible shift, at night, in the weekends
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, as well as lift and carry average weight
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility around alcohol
General responsibilities for a bartender job un Canada:
- Know how to make all the drinks in the menu
- Greet customers, take orders and make the right drinks
- Check IDs to ensure the customers are the appropriate drinking age
- Make recommendations if applicable
- Mix ingredients accordingly, garnish glasses, and serve
- Make inventory and assure to have the ingredients you need for the whole shift
- Communicate to waiters about missing ingredients if applicable
- Maintain a clean work environment, especially on the counters
- Help with cleaning at the end of your shift
- Comply with the health and safety rules and regulations
Complete the CV page with your skills and experience. Then, upload a video of your skills to show employers your talents as motivation as a bartender!
If you have any doubts or questions, consult our guide on how to make a good video!
Start getting connected to bartender jobs in Canada!