Companies are actively offering translator jobs in Japan! As a big market competitor, being able to facilitate communication with Japanese enterprises is very important. So, you could find translator vacancies in numerous types of companies!
Also, translator jobs in Japan usually pay around 489,000 JPY/month (=3,426.99 USD)! The offer widely depends on your education level as well as the work location.
If you’re fluent in Japanese and are a certified translator, sign up for translator jobs in Japan and get connected to amazing offers all over the country!
- Proof of fluency in two languages, one of them being Japanese
- Bachelor’s Degree in Translation or similar field, additional certifications are a big plus
- Prior experience in a similar position
- Ability to perfectly identify grammar rules and errors, spelling, and punctuation
- Time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of text editing tools, familiarity with translation software
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn more
General responsibilities for translator jobs in Japan:
- Follow the brief, do research on the industry, linguistic style and and specific terminology
- Convert texts or audio to another language, following the same meaning and tone as precisely as possible
- Prepare subtitles if applicable
- Cross-reference translation tools to ensure the quality of the translation
- Check in with supervisors to ensure the translation meets the desired standard
- Proofread and edit according to the original format (the same font, structure, etc.)
- Consult with other relevant stakeholders
Showcase your skills to employers on VideoWorkers!
Start your application for translator jobs in Japan today!