For tile mason jobs in Canada you need to shape and fit tiles on wall surfaces according to client’s specifications. Depending on your skills, you can work for simple projects in houses or buildings, or create more artistic designs such as wall mosaics.
So, the main skills you need to have are: the ability to follow instructions, measure, and use the appropriate power tools to cut materials. The average salary for a tiler in Canada is around 22 CAD/hour (=16.44 USD), depending on location, project, experience, and skills. Other benefits such as transportation or salary may be included.
General requirements for tiler mason jobs in Canada:
- High school/vocational diploma preferred
- Basic mathematics and measurement skills
- Strong manual skills and dexterity
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Ability to follow instructions, use tiling equipment and techniques
- Strong attention to details
- Patience and precision
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Inspect and prepare surfaces for tiling (remove old materials, level, clean)
- Estimate the number of tiles and materials and approximate the duration of the project
- Fixate tiles according to customer’s plans
- Cut, shape tiles when necessary
- Work responsibly and protect floors when placing tiles on the walls if necessary
- Communicate and coordinate with other construction professionals working on the same project
- Do finishing work
- Be aware of hazards and comply to the health and safety rules and regulations
Apply to tiler mason jobs in Canada on VideoWorkers in two simple steps:
Create your CV by filling in the page with your professional experience and skills. Then, showcase your skills to employers with a professional video of your work and motivation. Check out our guide to find out how to make a successful video!