If you’re a qualified and experienced rig drill worker with great managerial skills, sign up for rig manager jobs in Australia! You would monitor the work progress, give instructions and ensure the smooth-running of equipment and operations according to health and safety standards. You would also ensure the necessary materials and keep track of stock. Moreover, as a manager, you would hire workers, provide training, and perform inspections. Experience as a rig driller worker is important as you would also assist the workers when necessary.
Rig manager jobs in Australia offer between 110,000-120,000 AUD/year (=72,144-78,749 USD), on average. The offer depends on your qualifications and experience. Other benefits – such as accommodation or transportation – may be included.
Read the description below and connect to jobs on VideoWorkers!
- High school/vocational degree
- Valid BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) may be required
- Well Control Certificate
- Work experience in the oil and gas industry in a similar position
- Experience on land rigs of up to 3000 HP
- Excellent supervising and directional skills
- Excellent, efficient communication skills
- Willingness to work in adverse environments
- Practical, mathematical and technical skills
- Rigorous knowledge of health and safety practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills and reflexes when dealing with emergencies
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Manage daily operations, monitor work progress on-site
- Manages and assists at setting up equipment
- Coordinates the mixing and circulation of drilling mut to control downhole pressures
- Instruct installations (blow out preventer)
- Ensures oil and gas well cementing meets operational needs
- Ensure the necessary equipment, materials, as well as resources
- Manages supplies and communicates shortages to the senior drilling supervisor
- Select, hire, manage workers and ensure proper training
- Plan shift rotations and schedules
- Manage issues and emergencies on-site
- Ensure working under health and safety regulations and that the workers wear the right equipment
- Ensure the completion of rig inspections
- Assist team members with the effective running of the rig gas
Apply with your CV and a video in simple steps:
Before your application, create your account and set up your preferences. Then, complete the page with your skills, education and experience.
Afterwards, prepare your video. Check out our step-by-step guide and film your relevant professional skills and motivation for rig manager jobs in Australia!
Start today on VideoWorkers!