Ensure the smooth running of the medical offices at one of the many available medical secretary jobs in Australia! For this position, you would need excellent administrative skills as well as excellent communication skills to adjust patient-doctor schedules.
On average, medical secretary jobs in Australia offer around 39.32 AUD/hour with other included benefits, depending on skills, experience, work location.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Training may be required or provided
- Prior experience as a medical secretary or a similar administrative position
- Experience processing insurance claims
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Kind and helpful attitude
- Patience and discretion
- Ensure good customer service
- Schedule and cancel appointments, update physicians about changes
- Be informed about the schedule changes of physicians (holidays, meetings, emergencies) and update patients
- Maintain and update medical records and patient details
- Manage communications (phone, email correspondence)
- Work with insurance companies to process claims
- Process invoices, bills, or direct payments
- Ensure confidentiality and sensitive information
- Comply with policy procedures
Sign up on VideoWorkers and connect to medical secretary jobs in Australia!
Apply in two simple steps: fill in the CV and upload a video of your relevant skills to showcase employers. Don’t forget to check out our step-by-step guide on how to make a good video!