Open vacancies for postal jobs in Australia! You can take up numerous positions in the postal office, such as mail courier, mail clerk, or mail assistant.
The job titles may differ depending on the country, so let us clarify the general responsibilities of these main postal jobs in Australia:
- At a mail courier job, you would deliver letters and packages according to schedules, and you would notify the customer (or the intermediary) of any delays. Furthermore, you would register delivery confirmations (collect receipts, signatures, etc.). If you find any suspicious mail, you would report it to the supervisors.
- As a mail clerk, you would receive mail, usually at the front desk. So, for this position, you need basic customer service skills. You would check mail items, provide information about the price, and ensure the correct address and postage. Then, you would sort the mail, prepare it for the delivery, and distribute it the right department.
- Lastly, at a mail assistant job, your main task is sorting the mail by hand or using specialized machines, usually scanning equipment. You would be in charge of mail organization and ensuring the delivery address is correct or intelligible. You would also fix broken packages (wet, ripped, etc.). Moreover, you would operate the forklift to organize and load/unload packages.
According to the position, as well as your experience and skills, the average salary for postal jobs in Australia can range between 19-31 AUD/hour (=12.32- 20.10 USD).
So, basically, if you have:
- High school/vocational diploma
- Great English skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Physical ability to lift packages up to 22 lbs.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to ride a bike/own a car license
- Similar work experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to learn more at the job
…Then sign up on VideoWorkers and connect to postal jobs in Australia!
Create your account and set your job and location preferences. Then simply fill in your CV with your experience, education, and skills. Next, upload a video showcasing your skills and motivation as a mail processor. For guidance, read our step-by-step guide to meet all the video requirements!
Start connecting to jobs today!