As a beekeeper, you would have to manage beehives and properly care for bees and their environment! If you’re qualified for the work, sign up for beekeeper jobs in Australia!
For this role, you would need a completed apprenticeship equivalent to the Australian Certificate III in beekeeping. Moreover, you need to be naturally passionate about this species, as you need to understand them in order to confidently work with them and move them around. You would also need communication skills to interact with customers, sellers, or whatever sales services the the company will provide.
The average salary for beekeeper jobs in Australia is between 30-35 AUD(19.29-22.50 USD), usually depending on your experience and skills. Other benefits may be included in the offer, such as transportation or accommodation.
- High school/vocational diploma preferred
- Specialized apprenticeship
- Degree/certification/specialization in zoology is a bonus
- Former similar experience preferred or willingness to undergo training
- Excellent knowledge of animal biology, plants and their interaction
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Good stamina and physical fitness to lift heavy objects
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh conditions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire and ability to learn
- Assemble and install beehives according to specifications
- Insert honeycombs and swarms into prepared hives
- Manage the hive environment to control temperature and other environmental factors to support bees’ health
- Observe and manage the bee colonies for any diseases or pests
- Inspect the hive while keeping bees safe with the appropriate techniques
- Retrieve honey and royal jelly
- Destroy excess queen bee cells to prevent division in the colony
- Keep records of the population, health, and breeding trends
- Help arranging sales for local buyers
How to sign up for beekeeper jobs in Australia:
Firstly, create your VideoWorkers account and set up your job(s) and country/ies preferences for working abroad! Then, complete the CV page with the usual requirements.
Afterwards, upload your video! Watch our guide that shows you step-by-step how to make a good professional video. Employers are looking for workers showing their relevant skills and motivation!